Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Decisions, Decisions, Descisons....

As many of you know, I made the decision to go back to school and change my entire life's pursuit about a year ago. After much prayer and thought, I felt I was being led out of the business world and into some form of Christian ministry so I enrolled in Fuller University (www.fuller.edu) for a Master's of Theology with no idea at all on what I would do after school is finished. I am thinking of expanding my role in the Drug Rehab center where I currently volunteer, or maybe go into Christian Apologetics (which very much interest me) or maybe even do something with my church (http://www.newliferenton.com/) as my Pastor has been great in introducing me to some possibilities. But who knows? I still have two long years of school in front of me.

I decided to tackle (2) classes in my first semester; New Testament 1 (The Gospels) and New Testament II (Acts-Revelation) and my classes start on Sept 30th. But in the last week, I have really been challenged because several different jobs have come available to me back in my old industry and with the recent market conditions, I just wondered "should I put off school for a year and go back to work?"....so, right when I was going to start school I got hit with a ton of indecision, insecurities and worry...but I fought through them and made the decision to continue on with my original plan and just leave everything up to the Lord to figure out...and He delivered in spades and have calmed me down and shown me that I am going down the right path....

So, off to school I go....

2 comments:

PJ's momma said...

I am so proud of you! You are being obedient (I believe) to God's plan for you and you are going to ROCK FOR THE ROCK! Love you, so much!
Pook

sylvia said...

Dean,
I am so glad that you have created this blog so that we can follow you on your exciting journey. I am sure that God has wonderful things in store for you through this experience. My prayers will continue for you to hold fast to God's will for your life.
Sylvia